Frittata’s are so much easier to make than omlettes. Omlettes require the fine art of folding and I always feel like I have to skimp out on ingredients-especially cheese. With a frittata, I can add as much as I want and it always seems to come out beautifully. For this frittata, I just used what I had in my veggie drawer in the fridge and of course, some cheese.
- 1/3 of a red, yellow and green pepper – chopped. Cut out the green pepper if you want to just include sweet peppers only
- 1/3 of a leek (the white part) -chopped
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (I used both cheddar and mozzarella)
- 5 Eggs
- 2 Tablespoons of milk (or cream)
- A dash of water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, break all of the eggs and whisk them together. Add the milk and water and whisk for 20 seconds or so. Then add the veggies, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Use a small cast iron skillet and spray thoroughly with non-cooking spray. Don’t be shy, now.
- Add the egg mixture and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a mixed green salad and warm croissants. (Pppst: Sometimes I serve this for dinner, too!)