This salad is one of my all-time favourites. I always make this whenever we eat Italian food and in fact, I like to put it right on top of my pizza. It sounds weird, but trust me, it’s good and it helps (me) to justify eating pizza (more often). I also like to serve this salad with a piece of fresh salmon, steak, or chicken.
It’s super healthy. It’s fresh. It’s ridiculously easy to make – even Lucy could do it. And, to boot, it’s an amazing dose of your daily fibre (wink,wink).
This recipe serves 2.
- A huge handful of baby arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon (ish) of cracked pepper
- 10-12 slivers of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (use a vegetable peeler to slice it thinly)
- 3 Tablespoons of good olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon (ish) of dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt