I could eat Nutella on toast, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s heavenly. I don’t even feel (that) guilty when I eat it.
Simply put, these cookies are to die for. Bring these things out around 3pm when everyone is craving a coffee or a sweet and you’ll be an office hero. I bet you dollars to donuts (touché!) you’ll get a “ooooh where did you buy those” and then you can show off and tell them you made them. And that they were no big deal. BAM! Instant office cred.
Just thank me later.
P.s. I was listening to this song by Sia when I was baking them. I love this tune.
- 1/4 cup cold butter, chopped
- ¼ cup icing sugar
- ½ cup plain flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Mix all the ingredients in a food processor until a soft dough forms.
- Wrap in wax paper or plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll teaspoonfuls of the mixture into balls, place on baking trays lined with wax paper and flatten. Trick: To flatten them, I put a piece of wax paper on the bottom of a glass and used the glass to flatten them.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until the bases are lightly cooked.
- Cool on trays.
- Sandwich the cookies with Nutella.