I had a tough time deciding what cookie to bake for my matches (3) in the First Annual Food Blogger Cookie Swap. In the end, I kept it simple and decided on making my all-time favourite cookie: the white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. The secret is not to make each cookie too big. The smaller they are, the cutersofterchewier they end up being. And, you’ll wind up with a sharable 5-6 dozen cookies to boot.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 1/4 cup coarsely chopped white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually stir into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the macadamia nuts and white chocolate.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- White Chocolate Macadamia Bread (ownchef.wordpress.com)
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies (myglutenfreeramadhan.wordpress.com)