I fricking love pesto. It’s incredibly easy and the taste is well worth the (minimal) effort. This is a very simple way to spice up a pasta or a chicken dish on a lazy and relaxing Sunday.
- 1 x 40g package of basil (I used Presidents Choice brand)
- 1/4 cup (heaping) Parmesan Reggiano
- 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Remove and discard stems from basil.
- Place all ingredients except for 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a food processor and process. Slowly add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Serve tossed with your favourite pasta
- Vegan Basil Pesto (ecurry.com)
- Hazelnut Orange Pesto (savorysaltysweet.com)
- A Tasty and Heathy New Year Challenge with Bob’s Red Mill and California Olive Ranch (groovyfoody.wordpress.com)