Sundays at my house are reserved for brunching, relaxing, and getting prepped for the week ahead. They consist of multiple loads of laundry, cleaning and baking at least one food item that will last a few days. This week, I made 12 Blueberry Banana Crunch Muffins which are perfect for when we are in a rush (every morning). The banana and sour cream make these muffins super moist and delicious, and the flax helps to make this a good part of your daily fibre. (wink).
- 3/4 cup mashed banana (1 1/2 bananas)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup veg oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup granola
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- Preheat over 375F.
- In a bowl whisk together bananas, sugar, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Combine in another bowl, flour, baking soda, powder and then stir in sour cream and fold in blueberries.
- Add wet mixture to dry and mix well.
- Fill 12 muffin tins, bake for 20 minutes and cool.
- Fresh Berry Muffins (toomuchbutter.com)
- Triple Fresh Berry Muffins (themagnoliacafe.wordpress.com)
- Best Dark Chocolate Chiquita Banana Muffins Recipe (chiquitabananas.com)