The raw diet is intriguing. My buddy Connie over at Ruby Reduction made some Raw Brownie Balls a few months ago and it piqued my curiosity. I would certainly like to eat more creations that are raw – if only they were this easy.
I am trying to add more raw options in my diet – including the obvious fruit and veg. Raw desserts appear to be fairly easy to make – and they all appear to be so delicious.
Now, on to these truffles. I was completely shocked at the outcome of these little suckers! They only take 5 minutes and are so much better for you than these ones (my fav’s).
I am making an alternate version (different recipe) of these truffles on the weekend – so we’ll see which ones come out on top.
Tip: I found Carob power in the health food section at the BulkBarn
Adapted from the Rawtarian
- 1/2 cup of sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup of medjool dates (8-9 large dates)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons raw carob powder
3. Dump the mixture into a large bowl. Roll the balls in your hand and form balls. If you want, you can roll the truffles coconut for additional flavour – or just leave them as is.
- Coconut Carob Snack Balls (kissthewhisk.wordpress.com)
- Vegan Chocolately Peanut Buttery Cookie Dough Balls (veganfamilia.wordpress.com)