My name is Lesley Palmer (aka Chef LP) and I’m a southern gal – born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, and still live there to this day. This is my first of many guest posts on strawberryginger.com.
I run a daily/weekly homemade meal delivery service called Chef LP Healthy Meals, so I am on the constant look out for fresh and tasty recipes that are good for you, too.
Mexican food gets a bad rep. There are so many dishes that can be healthy if you use the right ingredients. This recipe is a customer favorite and is super easy to make. A great added bonus is that you can make the filling ahead of time and freeze it for later. These Chicken Enchiladas are only 287 calories per serving which is great if you are watching your summer figure.
For more tips and favourites, check me out on Facebook – Chef LP Healthy Meals.
Perfect Pairing: Corona Light or a Skinnygirl Margarita
- 2 lbs boneless. skinless chicken (cut into bite size chunks)
- fat-free cooking spray (Pam)
- 1 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 small can of diced jalapenos in water
- 12 whole wheat, low-fat, low carb tortillas ( about 7 to 8 inches )
- 1 can (12 oz) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (12 oz) enchilada sauce
- 1 cup low-fat shredded mexican cheese or cheddar cheese