This easy-to-make recipe can be created in a jiffy for those last minute cocktail parties or backyard barbecues. All of the ingredients put together create a fresh and light summer bite.
Recipe: Mini Caprese Bites
- 10 Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 20 baby mozzarellas (found in the deli section) or 1 large ball of buffalo mozzarella -chopped into 20 bite-sized pieces
- Fresh basil – about 5 leaves – torn to make 20 pieces
- 1.5 teaspoons of good quality balsamic + 1 teaspoon good quality olive oil + 2 shakes ground pepper = mixed together
- 20 toothpicks
- Add balsamic, oil and ground pepper to a plate or dish that you will be serving these on.
- Add a piece of mozzarella, a piece of basil and then the cherry tomato to a toothpick in this order (tomato slice side down) and place on serving dish with balsamic and oil.
- See? Simple!
- Arugula Salad with Tomatoes and Mozzarella (emmycooks.com)
- From Booty Calls to Mozzarella Balls (fromhotohousewife.com)
- Zucchini Boats, Caprese Salad, Blueberries, Oh My (pleasebebrave.wordpress.com)