This Canada Day long weekend is going to be full of BBQ-ing and beer-drinking fun. The key to keeping it balanced is to get a generous dose of fresh veggies. This salad is the perfect solution because it not only provides you with that “generous dose”, but also leaves you feeling energetic and refreshed. It’s also incredibly good for you. If you don’t like kale, you’re not alone. Don’t worry, the tips and tricks in this salad make it magically delicious!
Adapted from Oh She Glows
Lemon Tahini Dressing:
- 1/4 cup Tahini
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 5 tbsp water
As much as you want of the following:
- Kale – remove stems and break into bit-sized leaves
- Tomatoes (I used cherry tomatoes)
- Red Onion
- Red Pepper
- Hemp Seeds
- Add the kale leaves (broke up) to a large bowl.
- Pour 1/3 cup of Lemon Tahini Dressing + a dash of sea salt on top of the kale and massage it into leaves really well and let sit for 30 minutes or so.
- Next, add 1/2 the avocado and massage into the kale as well. The avocado, dressing a dash of salt will make the kale soft and easier and more enjoyable to eat.
- Add all remaining ingredients, mix well and serve immediately.
- Super Low-stress Summer Salad (realmomsrealfood.wordpress.com)
- Cookbook Review: ‘Wild About Greens’ Makes Healthy Cooking Easy and Tasty (eatdrinkbetter.com)