This delicious pasta recipe is perfect for a busy weeknight when you don’t want to spend a lot of time making dinner. It takes less than 20 minutes and tastes absolutely delicious. Prepare the sauce while the pasta is cooking and you’re closer than you think to eating dinner.
Wine Pairing: Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove of garlic – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen shrimp
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 cups Pasta – any kind
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese + some for topping
- cherry tomatoes and pepper for topping
- While your favourite pasta is boiling, make the sauce starting with a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil to the pan and let it warm up. Add onions and mushrooms and shrimp stir occasionally for 5 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through.
- Add butter, garlic, cream cheese and pesto and stir until well combined.
- Drain pasta and add to the same pot over low heat. Add the sauce mixture to the pasta along with the milk, cheese and cracked pepper. Mix well.
- Add fresh tomatoes and cheese on top before serving.