I’m Back! Yes, its true. I’ve been absent for the last month for 2 exciting reasons:
1. I’ve been working on an amazing project that took me across Canada – from Yukon to Halifax. And as if it wasn’t awesome enough, I ended up working with the best of the best clients and team members along the way. The project has a couple of more weeks left and it will be bittersweet when it is done.
2. I’ve been working on SG’s face lift! What do you think of the new look? The site is still under construction and I am working out some kinks, but I am excited to have a fresh look to the site. Feedback is welcome.
And what a better way to launch the “new look” with one of my favourite picnic recipes! The best part of this recipe is the bbq’d corn – it’s so summer! This salad has so many complimenting flavours – it’s always a crowd -pleaser. It also travels well and can be made ahead before lunch or dinner.
- 4 ears of corn – half husked
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup red onion, finely diced
- ½ red pepper (optional)
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil, chopped thinly
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- salt and pepper – as desired
- Thoroughly rinse the entire cobs of corn (this helps with steaming them) and place them on a medium-hot BBQ grill for approx 10-15 minutes. It’s fine for a few kernels to blacken. Once done, remove from the grill and allow to cool. If you don’t have a BBQ, husk the corn and place the cobs in boiling water for 3 minutes and allow to fully cool.
- When the corn has come to room temperature, cut the corn off the cob and place in a bowl along and add the onion.
- Just before serving, add the tomatoes, basil and salad dressing and mix well.